Even though DevOps practices are widely adopted, security often remains a siloed function applied outside of the continuous, collaborative work of DevOps practitioners. In most organizations, DevOps practitioners rely on internal PKI or crypto teams to issue certificates. More so, the risk-averse nature of security practices doesn’t always share the throughput expectations intrinsic to DevOps success. This disconnect means that using standard certificate issuance processes can impede timely software delivery. As a result, developers may use machine identities in a variety of ways that can negatively impact security.
This security disconnect changes with the launch of ShuttleOps, a low-code CI/CD platform that makes it extremely quick and simple to build, deploy and manage applications to the cloud.
Through integration with Venafi, ShuttleOps now makes it possible for you to automate your machine identity issuance and renewal, all from the comfort and familiarity of your deployment pipeline! This is significant to our customers as Venafi is the cybersecurity market leader in machine identity management, securing all connections and communications between machines.
ShuttleOps integrates with Venafi’s Trust Protection Platform for self-hosted implementations and Venafi for public cloud implementations. Specifically,
- The Venafi Platform gives you visibility and intelligence into your organization's certificate inventory.
Here’s how it works. ShuttleOps lets you:
- Link an existing Venafi account to your ShuttleOps profile. The Venafi card supports Connection Sharing, making it quick and easy to enable teams to build in certificate issuance into their pipelines.
- Request new certificates and bind certificates to applications.
- Set thresholds for monitoring certificate renewal expiry as well as automatically trigger renewal requests based on user-defined presets.
Together ShuttleOps and Venafi help reduce the friction between developers and InfoSec in the application release lifecycle since security policies are adopted early in the process. We also give organizations visibility and audibility into their security posture and mitigate risks while maintaining velocity.
Discover how ShuttleOps can help your DevSecOps teams automate the management of your machine identities and make the most of your Venafi investment. Visit the ShuttleOps on the Venafi Marketplace or better yet, come and try it out for yourself today at shuttleops.io!
This blog features solutions from the ever-growing Venafi Ecosystem, where industry leaders are building and collaborating to protect more machine identities across organizations like yours. Learn more about how the Venafi Technology Network is evolving above and beyond just technical integrations.
- DevOps and the Proliferation of Secrets
- Machine Identity Management Development Fund Extends Base with Three New Expert Developers
- 3 Ways the Machine Identity Management Development Fund is Helping to Protect Your Business