Venafi, Inc., inventor of systems management for encryption, today shipped version V.2 of Venafi™ Encryption Director™, its enterprise-wide encryption management platform that centralizes and automates the management of encryption assets—including keys, certificates and applications—throughout the IT infrastructure and across diverse encryption systems, operating environments and applications.
Managing increasing key and certificate volumes has reached a tipping point as enterprises wage a security battle to protect sensitive data utilizing encryption technologies. A critical element of any security strategy, encryption is widely leveraged to combat emerging threats and is mandated by a growing body of government and industry regulations. Yet managing encryption technologies—especially certificates and their associated keys—typically requires tedious manual management and monitoring in order to maintain proper operation.
"This latest release adds substantially to our core Director platform," said Paul Turner, Vice President of product and customer solutions. "The new productivity enhancements help administrators improve data security, critical system uptime, and regulatory compliance by providing improved rights and access management and monitoring tools for associated encryption systems, assets and settings."
Director is available in three product editions—Monitoring Edition, Enrollment Edition and Provisioning Edition. Each includes the high-performance, enterprise discovery service module. Product enhancement highlights for increased administrator productivity in the V..2 release include:
- New Certificate Authorities (CAs) – Support for Entrust Security Manager and Red Hat CA has been added.
- Workflow Granularity – Improves security posture through more granular separation-of-duty functionality. This allows correct access, approval and rights management for encryption assets on all associated systems and applications.
- Entitlement Reporting – Director supports a best-practice model through centralized reporting of entitlements by administrative role and responsibility. Improves data security and operational efficiency by supporting a least-privilege administrative access model and reduces inadvertent rights increases beyond the minimum necessary.
- Enhanced Logging – Offers centralized encryption management troubleshooting through easily accessible asset-specific event history.
- Subject Alternative Name Support – Increase security and simplify multi-host certificate sharing and Microsoft Exchange deployments by leveraging DNS entries with Unified Communications Certificates (UCC) support that is native in Director.
- Migration Assistant – Seamlessly migrate all encryption data and system settings from Venafi Server Encryption Manager to Venafi Encryption Director, including certificates and private keys, certificate authorities, users, rights, application configuration and workflow settings. The Migration Assistant provides a simple, intuitive utility to guide administrators through the entire migration process.
Additional information about Venafi Encryption Director is available at www.venafi.com/Director.