Last Updated: October 19, 2023
Venafi Athena is AI technology for the Venafi Control Plane. Venafi Athena includes generative AI solutions and chat features. Your use of these features within Venafi Athena is conditioned upon your agreement that Venafi accepts no responsibility, and shall not be liable, for any errors or omissions. You may only use Venafi Athena features and chats if you accept and follow Venafi’s acceptable use guidelines
Acceptable Use of Venafi Athena
- Venafi Athena is provided for use by security professionals and developers to assist with machine identity management. Access is limited to bona fide machine identity management purposes by such persons.
- Do not use information obtained through Venafi Athena to interfere with Venafi’s delivery of services or its customer relationships, to compete with Venafi, extract confidential information from Venafi, or violate Venafi terms of service or similar contractual agreements.
- Do not use Venafi Athena features for any illegal, fraudulent, or malicious activities or to disrupt any website or service, generate spam, or violate intellectual property rights.
- Do not submit personal data of yourself or others to Venafi Athena. Do not use Venafi Athena in any attempt to extract personal data or violate the privacy of others.
- Do not attempt to “hack,” jailbreak, reverse engineer, or monitor the performance and functionality of Venafi Athena features.
- Do not contravene filters or constraints or intentionally drive the Venafi Athena model to act in a manner that contradicts Venafi policy.
- Do not use bots or direct excessive queries to Venafi Athena in an attempt to overload or exceed rate limits.
- You assume the risk of any errors and omissions in responses from Venafi Athena features. It is a best practice to independently confirm output from generative AI solutions and chats because they may include hallucinations, errors, misinformation, and incomplete answers or omissions, which Venafi is not responsible for.
Venafi has the right to remove your access if you do not comply with these conditions. Venafi accepts no responsibility, and shall not be liable, for misuse of generative AI and chat features and violations of the above policy.
Privacy and Data Processing FAQs
Please review the following FAQs regarding data use within Venafi Athena.
When using Venafi Athena, what data is collected and processed by Venafi?
If you use Venafi Athena features on Venafi documentation pages, Venafi collects and processes the information or questions (“inputs”) you type into the chat. Venafi also monitors the volume, date, and time of user interactions and assigns an anonymous conversation ID.
Does Venafi process personal data of Venafi Athena users?
No. Currently, you do not need to log into a Venafi account or provide any personal data or contact information to use Venafi Athena features on Venafi documentation pages. However, Venafi reserves the right to place Venafi Athena behind a login page to restrict access to current Venafi users. Whether or not a user is logged in, Venafi does not cross-reference your Venafi login data to chatbot inputs and Venafi Athena features do not process any of your personal data. Your inputs will be anonymous if you follow Venafi’s use policy not to disclose personal data.
Does Venafi place cookies when you use Venafi Athena?
If your browser settings and region allow it, Venafi may place a cookie that allows Venafi to recall your past conversations to you using the conversation ID. Your conversation will still be anonymous to Venafi.
Does Venafi train on user provided content to improve model performance?
Venafi will store and review Venafi Athena inputs on an anonymous basis to improve and customize user experience for yourself and others. Additionally, chat features on Venafi’s public documentation pages are built on ChatGPT, which may train on user inputs or make them publicly available in other generative AI tools. For this reason, you should not enter private, proprietary, or sensitive information into Venafi generative AI tools. You can review Open AI’s ChatGPT policies for more information:
Is user provided content shared outside of Venafi?
When you use Venafi Athena features on Venafi documentation pages, we store those interactions with our trusted hosting providers, Open AI and Chatbase (chatbase.co). Because your identity information is not processed by the chatbot, your identity and personal data are not shared with our hosting providers, but your conversations are. You are reminded not to enter private, proprietary, or sensitive information into Venafi’s generative AI tools.
Does Venafi sell or share Venafi Athena user content with third parties for advertising purposes?
No. We do not sell user content or share it with third parties for marketing or advertising.
How do I exercise my privacy rights or ask questions about GDPR or CCPA?
Venafi Athena will not process your personal data if you follow Venafi’s use policy for Venafi Athena. However, if you have a data privacy request, please send your request to email@example.com.